home about diy fashion sponsor

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Update from Spain, June 1st


Hola amigos! 
Hello from Spain. I know this isn't technically a travel blog but it is my life and my blog so I'd like to share a little bit about my trip so far.

*WARNING this blog post contains no fun tutorials, popsicle sticks, ribbons, buttons or other crafty things*

I've been in Lugo, Spain since Wednesday and today is the first day that I have not felt like throwing up in the morning. The time difference really had my body confused so it decided to throw a fit but, I think I have it under control now.  I have been staying with my friend Meghan and so far we have explored Lugo, took a day trip to Santiago de Compostela and hung out with her fun friends.

On top of the Roman wall that surrounds Lugo
Lugo from on top of the cathedral. You can see the wall in the background.
Left: Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela where the remains of Saint James are located. It is a destination for pilgrims from all over the world. Right: in the Alameda park in Santiago.

Santiago de Compostela from Alameda park.
It's been a bit chilly here and unfortunately, I packed mostly for the sun so, I've been feeling like a slob around all the perfectly dressed Europeans.  If we had a walking on cobblestones in heels contest, Spain would win hands down! 

Tomorrow, we are off to explore the rest of the country and will be staying hostels and apartments. Hopefully, I will be able to update you again soon.

Ciao! 


1 comments:

Ian Faulds said...

Sound like a really fun trip Heather. I can't wait to hear your stories when you get back. I miss Europe so much and can't wait to get back there. Are you going to France at all? I feel another guest post coming!

Enjoy,
Ian
ianfaulds.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...