home about diy fashion sponsor

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crocheted Yoga Mat Bag

Yesterday, I finally finished a bag for my yoga mat. I had started this in early November, but I tend to slow down the closer I get to the end of a project.


This is my first real crochet project. Last year I got bored and frustrated with knitting so my roommate taught me how to crochet. I have tried to learn in the past but had a lot of trouble holding the hook. Once I got that down, it's been a breeze! For some reason it is very difficult for me to understand how the construction of knitting works and crocheting makes much more sense to me. 





 The tutorial that I followed for this project is here



I got this yoga mat for my birthday in November. Now I have a bag so I can take it to class!


I hope this bag makes lugging my yoga mat around all day easier. Does anyone else have that problem?

As always,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! It is just beautiful. I'm looking for a yoga mat holder that I can use after hot yoga (aka one that doesn't have a lot of fabric since my mat is usually not the cleanest...) Something like this one-
http://www.exercise.com/equipment/gaiam-key-lime-flower-power-yoga-mat-sling

Maybe a future crafting project? I'm not sure how I would do this and I would love to hear your professional opinions :)

Unknown said...

I don't know if I would call myself a professional! but this should be fairly easy to make. You can get nylon strap and velcro at most craft and fabric stores. It would just need to do some sewing. A quick option that I used while making this was just a long strip of fabric (ripped from a sheet for another project) tied with slip knot loops at both ends. The velcro should would be nice for easy access though.

oussum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richard C. Lambert said...

Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. capri yoga pants

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...