home about diy fashion sponsor

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome to Chickaddie's Nest


Welcome to the first ever post of Chickaddie's Nest! I am so excited to be here and I hope that I can make you get excited too.  This blog is beginning as an assignment for my honors seminar but it has been long in the coming. In the past, I have documented my crafting all over the web from Tumblr to Facebook and Flickr but no one place has allowed me to fully share my creative process and the results.

This blog will include:
  •  Things that inspire me
  •   Descriptions of the objects that I make
  •  Helpful (hopefully) tutorials
  • An exploration of my creative processes
  • Bits and pieces of my life and adventures

I am interested in all sorts of crafting so you will see things that I have sewn, crocheted, embroidered, glued, hammered and slapped together.  Because I am a poor college student, my materials are often items that have been thrifted, found (free piles are the best!) or given to me. I also tend to create my own shortcuts and round about ways of doing things so hold on for the ride things may get a little confusing!

What exactly is a “chickaddie”? Isn’t is supposed to be spelled chickadee?

Well, yes you are correct the adorable little bird called a chickadee is not spelled Chickaddie however, I am not, contrary to some beliefs, a small woodland creature.


When I was very young, my grandmother’s nickname for me was chickadee and sometime in high school I chose this as an internet username but the traditional spelling was already taken, so my best friend came up with chickaddie and here we are today!

Chickaddie’s Nest is a collection of things that I have created and found to fill (and maybe clutter) my home, just like a small bird collects twigs and bits of string to build her nest.

Thank you for viewing and I hope that you find something you like

Love,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...