home about diy fashion sponsor

Friday, January 25, 2013

Knitting isn't just for scarves

I just came across this on the internet and thought I would share it with my more scientific crafters.

This is a brain. KNITTED
Via

"Psychiatrist Dr Karen Norberg, of the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts knitted this awesome, anatomically correct replica of the human brain. 
Using different colour to represent different parts of the brain, it took Dr. Norberg one year to complete her project. She used yarn because she thought “the wool lent itself to creating the right “rippling” effect for parts of the brain and was easier to manipulate than other materials."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Nerdy crafts are the best crafts. Thanks for sharing!

Brenda Miller said...

I WANT this!

Unknown said...

I am such a nerd for thinking this is so cool! I have no idea what I'd do with it, but maybe frame it or something. Great idea for us science-loving folk, or anyone with a creative niche.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...