home about diy fashion sponsor

Monday, March 4, 2013

Make it Monday: Button Bobby Pin




The other day I was looking through my craft supplies trying to come up with a simple tutorial and I realized how many cute buttons that I have but might never use.  So I came up with this fun way to wear them.  All you need is a button with a tab on the back and a bobby pin.

1.  Choose a button with a tab sticking up on the back and a hole big enough to slide the rubber tip of a bobby pin through.
2.  Stick the tip of the flat side of the bobby pin through the button hole.
3.  Slide button to end. The pin might look upside down because the flat side is up but this is actually the way that bobby pins are meant to be used. The flat side pinches the hair against the crimped side to keep it in. See a great tutorial on hiding bobby pins here.
4.  Enjoy your new lovely bobby pin.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute and simple! Your graphics are awesome. As always, love your posts:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Bailey! I've been working really hard on them.

Brenda Miller said...

Wow,why have I never known the proper way to wear bobby pins before??? This is a great idea and something to keep in mind for fun holiday gifts!

Brenda Miller said...

Wow,why have I never known the proper way to wear bobby pins before??? This is a great idea and something to keep in mind for fun holiday gifts!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...