home about diy fashion sponsor

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Cutting Burlap

Remember when I helped my roommate to make this bag out of burlap? The next day I showed you how we created the stencil and painted the bag. I have one more tip to share with you that we learned while doing this project.


Cutting burlap straight can be difficult and if you do it wrong you will end up with crooked and fraying edges. Here is the technique for cutting burlap that we learned from watching the ladies at Joann's cut it from the bolt:

I hope this comes in handy if you ever need to cut burlap or another loose woven fabric.

Stay crafty,

4 comments:

Meghan said...

How do you do the text and things for your images? they all look really nice.

Unknown said...

Thanks Meghan I have been working really hard to learn new things to do with my photos. I use Adobe photoshop and illustrator sometimes. I use a really old version though, CS2

Chloe said...

Ah this is a really great tip!! Thanks for sharing


chloex

Unknown said...

Thanks Chloe! It's so simple but I just had to share. It makes it so much easier!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...