home about diy fashion sponsor

Friday, March 1, 2013

Life Lately

It's Friday! That means I have TWO WEEKS until I graduate from college. It's really starting to freak me out. It seems that every day I get another exit survey or message about how I need to turn things in and wrap things up. How do you wrap up the last four years of your life? I've also been sleeping a lot more lately. It seems like my body is in denial and thinks I can just sleep through this and it will go away.

A calm day at Lake Whatcom. Beautiful but not good for sailing:(

Jane looking adorbz

Our friend gave us a TON of expired frozen pizzas!
I've been trying to be much better about cooking meals this year. I even have a bread machine now and make my own bread. But when things get busy and you have this many frozen pizzas in the freezer, the inevitable happens. Pizza for all!!

Morning at Camp Kirby team race regatta on Samish Island
I had my last sailing regatta this last weekend at Camp Kirby.  The sad thing is that I didn't really realize that it was my last so I didn't have a last hurrah. We had good wind on Saturday but then it nuked on Sunday so we had to call it and go home. It was an absolutely beautiful venue though and a wonderful time with good friends. I just wish that I had known that it was the end.

From the interwebs:

I love these food interpretations of Pantone colors. Via

Mt. Hood from Portland, OR Via
Via
He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water. He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths, as he has promised. Psalms 23 Via

I would love to wear this outfit Via

The perfect kitchen Via


  • See this awesome urban crochet bombing project
  • I wish that I could visit this bookstore organized by color
  • In the spirit of cooking more this is my favorite cooking blog

I learned something from this quote:

“If your ancestors cut down all the trees, it’s not your fault, but you still don’t live in a forest.”
— Pam Oliver, a professor in the UW-Madison sociology department, explaining the historical roots of racism in the United States to her undergraduate students.



Via

Let's have a good one guys!

XOXO

4 comments:

Molly said...

Three things: 1) How does one acquire such an obscene quantity of frozen pizzas?! 2) I checked Budget Bytes out—what a great resource for college folk! and 3) Congrats on your (almost) graduation! Finish the race with endurance!

Unknown said...

Hey Molly! 1) a friend of ours works delivering frozen pizzas to grocery stores and he gets to take home the expired ones. Sometimes he gets too many and gives "some" to us! We don't worry too much about them being expired. 2) I'm glad you like it. It's such a great website and pretty much everything I eat comes from there! 3) Thanks so much:)

Brenda Miller said...

Thanks so much for this lovely post Heather! I can't believe you'll be moving on from Western so soon. I hope this blog will remain as a way to stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

I love that quote! So true.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...