home about diy fashion sponsor

Friday, April 26, 2013

Nightgown Refashion

This is an old project but I never did a proper post about it so here it is:


I picked up this vintage nightgown from the Goodwill Bins (did you know that you can buy things from Goodwill by the pound?!?!?!) several years ago and just got around to remaking it last summer (note my fourth of July nails and pink/blue dip dyed hair). The fabric wasn't right for a dress so I stayed with the theme and turned it into a cute sleep set of tank top and bloomers.


The top I made by simply cutting the top, sewing the sides and finishing the armholes with bias tape made from the sleeves (sorry I forgot to put that in the diagram). The skirt was just enough fabric to make bloomers using this free pattern by Coletterie.  You just print the pattern out on a normal printer and tape all the pieces together.  I typically hate to use patterns but this worked out quite well.  Sometimes it is nice to have someone telling you what to do instead of just guessing all the time.

I loved the detail on the top

I usually just wear a t-shirt and yoga pants to bed, but this pj set is perfect for hot summer nights and super adorable.

Stay crafty,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...