home about diy fashion sponsor

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break in California

As mentioned before, I went on a road trip to California with my roommates for Spring break (graduation trip for me!). Here are the promised photos:

Kaylin and I in the car that we lived out of for 11 days
Mt. Shasta on our way into California
Camping just outside of Castro Valley
Got to wake up to these guys outside of our tent!
Riding the BART to and from San Fran
Creeping around Alcatraz at night was so much fun!
Leo Carrillo State Beach
Santa Monica pier
Steve McQueen. Need I say more?
Hiking the canyon
Obligatory beach yoga pose picture
We detoured through the redwoods on our way back to Washington


It was a Lot of driving (over 2,000 miles) but it was totally worth it. We did the trip very economically and had a blast. Here is a list of some of the things that we did:

San Francisco:

  • Wells Fargo stagecoach and gold rush museum (free)
  • Chinatown
  • Cable car museum (free)
  • Riding the cable cars
  • Hyde Street pier and SF Maritime National Historical Park (free)
  • Ghirardelli Square (free chocolate!) 
  • Fort Point (free) 
  • Coit Tower
  • Pier 39
  • Alcatraz
Malibu, Santa Monica, L.A.:
  • Adamson House (free)
  • Santa Monica beach and pier
  • Walk of Fame
  • Chinese Theater (free)
  • Getty Villa (free except parking)
Redwoods
  • Avenue of the Giants
  • Humboldt State Park (free)

I might be doing a more detailed post about my trip on my friend's travel blog, so stay tuned for that. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

XOXO,







Note: Most of these photos were taken by my roommate Emily with the camera her sister so graciously let us borrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...