home about diy fashion sponsor

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The "too much time on my hands" manicure

The weather has turned into a crazy mix of beautiful and sunny one minute and pouring rain pounding on the window panes the next.  But the sun that there has been, has gotten me into a spring mood.  This weekend I had three days off in a row, some of which I spent cleaning sails for projects, cleaning the faucet knobs, planning a patio garden and meticulously painting small flowers on my nails.


Two coats of grey, a matte topcoat, pink petals, green leaves and white dots for the center later and my fingertips are dressed for spring! I am in love with the matte polish trend but the downside is that it doesn't provide any protection and since I work in a marine supply store, they get chipped and dirty quickly.  Now that I am out of school and have more time, I am eager to dress more professionally and refine my personal style however, my current job makes that rather pointless. At work, I wear dirty ripped up jeans, a too big company t-shirt and sturdy shoes. I wash my hands constantly but still leave every day with dirt and grease all over. I don't mind getting dirty at all but it kinda bums me out when I wear the same clothes every day and  don't get the chance to wear clothes that are really "me". Hopefully, one day I will have a "big girl" job that allows me to dress the way that I want. For now, I'll take any chance that I get, even if it is just a few painted flowers.

2 comments:

Ian Faulds said...

Those are some pretty intricate flowers you have there. Hard to imagine you can do all that with only one hand... I know I couldn't.

Unknown said...

Doing my right hand (I'm right handed) was really hard!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...